Nomination/Application Criteria and Requirements
All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. To qualify, applicants must be Asian-Americans with successful achievements in the field of business. In addition, the following requirements must be met:
1. Applicant must be a permanent resident or U.S. citizen of Asian descent
2. Applicant must be at least 21 years of age by December 31, 2020
3. Applicant's company must be registered in the U.S. and have existed for a minimum of two years as of Dec 31, 2020
4. Applicant's company must have had gross income exceeding $1 million in 2020.
5. Applicant must submit a letter from a CPA which specifies your
a. company type
b. company name
c. date of incorporation
It must also include a sentence certifying your company's gross income in 2020 exceeds $1 million (you don't need to specify the exact amount).
6. Applicant must submit online application by June 6th, 2021
7. Approved applicant will be notified by July 6th, 2021 and must confirm his/her acceptance of the award and dinner ceremony participation by July 6th, 2021.
8. Approved applicant is required to attend the dinner to receive the award.
Corporate Executives/Corporate Professionals Nomination
Each Corporate Sponsor can nominate a deserving senior-level Asian American executive for the "Outstanding 50" award program. The Selection Committee defers to the choice of the candidate nominated by the corporation.
Senior Asian American executives who work for a Fortune 500 company are also eligible to apply under this category.
All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. To qualify, the nominees must be Asian Americans with successful achievements in the field of business. In addition, the following requirements must be met:
1. Nominee must be a permanent resident or U.S. citizen of Asian descent.
2. Nominee must be at least 21 years of age by December 31th, 2020.
3. Nomination can be made online or in writing.
4. Nominee must complete the online Application Form by June 6th, 2021.
5. Nominee will be notified by July 6th, 2021 and must confirm his/her acceptance of the award and dinner ceremony within 10 business days upon receiving the notification.
6. Approved applicant is required to attend the dinner to receive the award
* Is there an application fee?
Application is free and open to all eligible Asian American business persons.
Award winners are expected to attend the event and to book a table of 10 seats for the gala dinner. AABDC provides a 50% tax-deductible receipt to award recipients for the dinner table contribution. Details and ticket prices can be found on the participation reply form.
* Submission Deadlines:
Nomination submission deadline: June 6th, 2021
For all application related inquiries, please call:
212-966-0100 or email us at Outstanding50@aabdc.com or email@example.com
The Outstanding 50 Award Committee
The Award Committee's main function is to bring fresh ideas to the planning, coordinating, and implementation of all fundraising and outreach activities in support of the Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award Gala Dinner and special events for the award alumni community and members held throughout the year. The following Outstanding 50 alumni (award year in brackets) have come forth to serve on the 2021 committee:
Anindo Dutta Partner,
EY Asia Pacific
Michael Chen General Partner & CEO, Chen Associates
Sharda Cherwoo Senior Partner, EY
Jyoti Chopra Chief People, Inclusion & Sustainability Officer, MGM Resorts International
James Kalani Lee Managing Director, Global Strategic Initiative, Google
Anne Lim O’Brien Vice Chairman, Heidrick & Struggles
Eric Lui Managing Partner, HCG Global Partners
Kamesh Nagarajan Executive Director Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley
The Outstanding 50 Award is open to all American entrepreneurs and business executives of Asian descent. Nominations may be made by the company of the candidate or members of any of the AABDC affiliated organizations. Self-nomination is also acceptable.
The Award Committee is responsible for the nomination and final selection of the Outstanding 50 award candidates. In particular, but not limited to the following, the Awards Committee shall:
Solicit nominations, review candidates, and recommend recipients
Prepare, develop, and recommend plans for the award
Make recommendations on matters concerning awards, including proposals for new awards and corporate partnership
The Award Committee and AABDC would also like to acknowledge the nomination and recommendations from:
Consulate General of Bangladesh New York
Consulate General of China New York
Consulate General of India New York
Consulate General of Indonesia New York
Consulate General of Japan New York
Consulate General of Korean New York
Consulate General of Malaysia New York
Consulate General of Pakistan New York
Consulate General of Philippine New York
Consulate General of Singapore New York
Consulate General of Thailand New York
Asian American Business Development Center, Inc.
390 5th Ave, Suite 510, New York, NY 10018 | 212-966-0100 | www.aabdc.com
© 2021 Asian American Business Development Center All rights are reserved.