Individual entrepreneurs and professionals are encouraged to nominate themselves or to nominate other deserving colleagues; corporations can nominate their outstanding employees and corporate participation is expected.
To nominate another person:
1. Review Qualification Criteria.
2. Complete and submit the online Nomination Form.
3. Make sure all required fields are filled in.
4. The person being nominated will receive an e-mail advising nomination and will be asked to complete the online Application Form and once having done so, will receive acknowledgment emails, as per "To nominate yourself" below.
To nominate yourself:
1. Review Qualification Criteria.
2. Complete and submit the online Application Form. Make sure all required fields are filled in.
3. You will receive an e-mail acknowledgement that your Application Form has been received.
4. You will receive an e-mail advising that whether the application was approved by the Selection Committee.
Nomination/Application Criteria and Requirements
All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. To qualify, applicants must be Asian-Americans with successful achievements in the field of business. In addition, the following requirements must be met:
1. Applicant must be a permanent resident or U.S. citizen of Asian descent
2. Applicant must be at least 21 years of age by December 31, 2017
3. Applicant's company must be registered in the U.S. and have existed for a minimum of two years as of Dec 31, 2017
4. Applicant's company must have had gross sales exceeding $1 million in 2017.
5. Applicant must submit a letter from a CPA which specifies your
a. company type
b. company name
c. date of incorporation
It must also include a sentence certifying your company's gross income in 2017 exceeds $1 million (you don't need to specify the exact amount).
6. Applicant must submit online application by April 14, 2018
7. Approved applicant will be notified by April 28, 2018 and must confirm his/her acceptance of the award and dinner ceremony participation by May 9, 2018.
8. Approved applicant is required to attend the June 20, 2018 dinner to receive the award.
Corporate Executives/Corporate Professionals Nomination
Each Corporate Sponsor can nominate a deserving senior level Asian American executive for the "Outstanding 50" award program. The Selection Committee defers to the choice of candidate the corporation decides to nominate.
All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. To qualify, the nominees must be Asian Americans with successful achievements in the field of business. In addition, the following requirements must be met:
1. Nominee must be a permanent resident or U.S. citizen of Asian descent.
2. Nominee must be at least 21 years of age by December 31, 2017.
3. Nomination can be made online or in writing.
4. Nominee must complete the online Application Form by April 14, 2018.
5. Nominee will be notified by April 28, 2018 and must confirm his/her acceptance of the award and dinner ceremony participation by May 9, 2018.
6. Approved applicant is required to attend the June 20, 2018 dinner to receive the award
* Is there an application fee?
Application is free and open to all eligible Asian American business persons.
* Submission Deadlines:
Nomination submission deadline: April 14, 2018
For all application related inquiries, please contact:
Jing Li 212-966-0100 Outstanding50@aabdc.com or Jing@aabdc.com
The Outstanding 50 Award Committee
The Award Committee's main function is to bring fresh ideas to the planning, coordinating, and implementation of all fundraising and outreach activities in support of the Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award Gala Dinner and special events for the award alumni community and members held throughout the year. The following Outstanding 50 alumni (award year in brackets) has come forth to serve on the 2016 committee:
Joyce Chang (2010) Global Head of EM Strategy and Credit Research, J.P. Morgan
Michael E. Chen (2008) President CEO, Chen Associates
Anindo Dutta (2013) Group Vice President, Oracle
Mehmood Khan (2013) Executive Vice Presidet, PepsiCo
Paula Williams Madison (2014) Chairman & CEO, Madison Media Management LLC
Bob Miglani (2012) Chief of Business Development, Applied DNA Sciences
Kamesh Nagarajan (2011) Senior VP, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
Bala Sathyanarayanan (2014) Executive Vice President, Xerox Corporation
Lisa Su (2016) CEO and President, AMD
Valerie Wong-Fountain (2014) Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
Ning Yuan (2009) CEO, China Construction America, Inc.
The Outstanding 50 Award is open to all American entrepreneurs and business executives of Asian descent. Nominations may be made by the company of the candidate or members of any of the AABDC affiliated organizations. Self-nomination is also acceptable.
The Award Committee is responsible for the nomination and final selection of the Outstanding 50 award candidates. In particular, but not limited to the following, the Awards Committee shall:
Solicit nominations, review candidates, and recommend recipients
Prepare, develop, and recommend plans for the award
Make recommendations on matters concerning awards, including proposals for new awards and corporate partnership
The Award Committee and AABDC would also like to acknowledge the nomination and recommendations from:
Consulate General of Bangladesh New York
Consulate General of China New York
Consulate General of India New York
Consulate General of Indonesia New York
Consulate General of Japan New York
Consulate General of Korean New York
Consulate General of Malaysia New York
Consulate General of Pakistan New York
Consulate General of Philippine New York
Consulate General of Thailand New York
Asian American Business Development Center, Inc.
132 Nassau Street, Suite 719, New York, NY 10038 | 212-966-0100 | www.aabdc.com
© 2015 Asian American Business Development Center All rights are reserved.